We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
The Notorious RBG – a champion of women’s rights and equality for all – is a modern day icon with wisdom to share.
She may have only been 5ft, but the Supreme Court Justice was a force to be reckoned with, bringing down the patriarchy and making an incredible impact in her lifetime.
Ruth passed away yesterday due to complications from metastatic pancreatic cancer. Her death has promoted people around the globe to share her messages of justice and equality on social media platforms, and it’s clear that her message to the world will continue to endure.
Ruth’s life work was waging a war against gender discrimination. She took no prisoners, playing an instrumental role in the #MeToo movement, with a fearless, ferocious approach, earning her the nickname, the notorious RBG”.
It’s safe to say, we could learn a lot from Ruth’s approach. Below are 9 Ruth Bader Ginsburg quotes that will inspire you to fight for justice.
9 Ruth Bader Ginsburg quotes to live by
- “Women will have achieved true equality when men share with them the responsibility of bringing up the next generation.”
- “This is something central to a woman’s life, to her dignity. It’s a decision that she must make for herself. And when government controls that decision for her, she’s being treated as less than a fully adult human responsible for her own choices.”
- “Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.”
- “It is essential to woman’s equality with man that she be the decision-maker, that her choice be controlling. If you impose restraints that impede her choice, you are disadvantaging her because of her sex.”
- “So often in life, things that you regard as an impediment turn out to be great, good fortune.”
- “We are at last beginning to relegate to the history books the idea of the token woman.”
- “My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent.”
- “If you have a caring life partner, you help the other person when that person needs it. I had a life partner who thought my work was as important as his, and I think that made all the difference for me.”
- “It was beyond my wildest imagination that I would one day become the Notorious RBG. I am now 86 years old and yet people of all ages want to take their picture with me.”
RIP to Ruth Bader Ginsburg, a true icon of our time.