We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
The Duke of Sussex is said to be “frustrated” about the fact he can’t join Prince William and Duchess Catherine at Balmoral Castle for their annual summer trip to visit the Queen.
Prince Harry is unable to join his grandmother at Balmoral this year as travel restrictions are still in place due to the global pandemic.
An insider told InTouch Harry is “frustrated” to not be able to make the trip to Scotland to be with his family, but wife Meghan Markle is happy to be able to spend time in their new Santa Barbara home.
“[She] doesn’t feel like she’s missing out,” the source reportedly revealed. “She’s been too busy decorating their new Montecito mansion.”
Prince William and Duchess Catherine arrived at Balmoral Castle with Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis last week to spend time with the Queen and Prince Philip for the first in months.
And, while the Sussexes were invited and accepted the invitation for the family reunion – as reported by the Sunday Times back in March – the covid-19 pandemic has put a stop to their travel plans.
It would no doubt have been an important get together as it comes just months after Prince Harry and Meghan announced they were quitting as senior royals and relocating to America.
The news comes after it emerged that the brothers went months without speaking after the Sussexes stepped down as senior royals, according to royal biographer, Omid Scobie.
According to co-author of new bombshell biography, Finding Freedom – Omid Scobie – the brothers cut contact following the Sandringham Summit – in which the plans for their departure were finalised.
On their deepening rift, he says, “The brothers had not spoken since around the time of the Sandringham summit. They hadn’t seen each other. That’s really going to take some time to heal.”